
George Withers built the first mill here around 1791. George and Susanna Lefevre were the owners in 1843. The mill burned in 1846 but the Lefevre’s rebuilt it. The Lancaster Milling Company operated the mill in the late 20th century until the mill closed in 1972 after receiving damage in Hurricane Agnes.
Later it was converted to a museum and today is a private residence. For more information about this mill, see the book “Chain of Title” by Christopher Scott.
| Built | 1846 |
| Structure | 3.5 Story Stone |
| Dimensions | 40 x 60 |
| Type | Flour/Grist/Saw/Cider |
| Headrace | 1,300 feet |
| Tailrace | 100 feet |
| Dam Height | 6 feet |
| Power | 3 Turbines |
| Capacity | 75 bbl / day |
| SPOOM ID | PA-036-079 |
| Water Source | Pequea Creek |
| Watershed | Pequea Creek |
| Township | West Lampeter |
| Location | 39.961472, -76.233607 |


