Edisonville Mill

Edisonville Mill

Joseph Haines built a sawmill here in c1758. John Herr bought the property a year later. Samuel and Fannie Herr built a new mill in 1822.

The Edisonville Electric Company converted it to generate electricity for the surrounding area in 1899. In the latter part of the 20th century it was the home of the Eagle Gun Museum. Today it has been refurbished into a wedding venue called The Olde Village Mill (www.oldevillagemill.com).

Builtc1822
Structure3.5 Story Stone
Dimensions40 x 50
TypeFlour/Grist/Saw
Headrace2,600 feet
Tailrace50 feet
Dam Height7 feet
Power1 Overshot
Capacity8 bbl / day
SPOOM IDPA-036-085
Water SourcePequea Creek
WatershedPequea Creek
TownshipStrasburg
Location39.986746, -76.216119