Aka Millvale Mill

Jacob Smith built a log mill here in 1774. In 1806, he replaced the log mill with a new stone mill. That mill was destroyed by a fire in 1853 and rebuilt by Abraham Mylin. Thomas Baumgardner was the owner in 1870, giving it the name “Baumgardner’s Mill”.
The mill once had the capacity for making 50 barrels of flour per day. It operated well into the 20th century.
| Built | c1836 |
| Structure | 2.5 Story Stone/Frame |
| Dimensions | 40 x 60 |
| Type | Grist |
| Headrace | 300 feet |
| Tailrace | 75 feet |
| Dam Height | 6 feet |
| Power | 2 Turbines |
| Capacity | 50 bbl / day |
| SPOOM ID | PA-036-081 |
| Water Source | Pequea Creek |
| Watershed | Pequea Creek |
| Township | Pequea |
| Location | 39.931370, -76.294332 |



